***DISCLAIMER***

***If you are my mom, brother, cousin, auntie, under 18, a co-worker, easily offended, extremely religious or anyone else otherwise under the false impression that I'm a sweetheart - then this content is NOT for you! You may exit without reading so that you're not looking at me crooked-eyed later, thank you kindly! ***

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Nightmare on My Street...Bodyworlds...

Check out this exhibition that will be opening in Charlotte tomorrow.

Body Worlds

How freakin' COOL is that?!!?

Using a process called Plastination, created by Gunther von Hagens, bodies are preserved and put on display to give us all a view of the workings of the body....without skin.





During the Plastination process, water and fats are removed from tissue and replaced with polymers to halt decomposition.





Oh, did I mention these were real HUMAN bodies? Yes, people (humans) agree (while alive) to donate their bodies (after death).

And here I was thinking I was doing my part by being an organ donor. Dang!




Normally I'd be disgusted, but I want to see this exhibit. (Hint-Hint) Since there won't be any oozing brains, blood or guts, I think I'll be ok.

More photos here.




I am in no way doing this topic any kind of justice, but it's late and I need to go to sleep. I need to be fully refreshed so I don't nod off while I'm playing around on myspace tomorrow. Please browse the website via the links above and tell me what you think.

Would you want to see something like this, up close and personal?
Would you be freaked out?
Any religious/spiritual problems with the exhibit that give you "pause"?

No comments:

Post a Comment