***DISCLAIMER***

***If you are my mom, brother, cousin, auntie, under 18, a co-worker, easily offended, extremely religious or anyone else otherwise under the false impression that I'm a sweetheart - then this content is NOT for you! You may exit without reading so that you're not looking at me crooked-eyed later, thank you kindly! ***

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Street Meat...

So, I'm driving down the street on my way to find some lunch and I pass thru this intersection. At the gas station on the corner, there's this beat up truck parked in front of the pay phones. The truck bed, I assume was open, but there was a tent covering the back of the truck and a tarp draped over the side, so I couldn't really see.

The tarp advertised:

"RIB EYE STEAKS 12 for $20.00"

"Plump, Tender & Juicy"

I'm doing the math in my head, thinking "WOW, that's not even $2.00 per steak. What a GREAT deal!"

Then..."Wait an ever-lovin minute...Dude is selling meat off a raggedy truck in an intersection. And its 90 something degrees outside...???"

So I have the following questions:

  1. Who buys meat from this guy, enough so that he can afford to buy a tent and a custom made tarp??? Who?
  2. Is it really LEGAL to sell meat on the street?
  3. Exactly how do you transport Street Meat from corner to corner? I assume there is a freezer somewhere on the bed of this meatmobile?
  4. Mad Cow Disease anyone?

I think I will continue taking my chances at places like Bi-Lo, Food Lion & Harris Teeter. If I should get sick from a bad piece of meat, then we know how to narrow it down to who sold me what.

If I should get sick from some Street Meat, what the hell am I supposed to tell the doctor? "Yeah, I bought this steak from this raggedy truck on the corner of Tryon & Arrowood". He would probably look at me like I was stoopid. And if I should die, and doctor sends the investigators out to that particular intersection, Mr. Street Meat seller from God only knows what sick cows that were rejected by the slaughter house, will be nowhere to be found.

Like I said, great deal. But if I DIE from eating bad meat, I want someone to be held accountable DAMMIT!

*Disclaimer: This is not to say that anyone that has previously taken their life in their hands and bought meat from a raggedy truck at a gas station on a street corner in 95 degree weather because it was a good deal is wrong. This is just me saying, I dont understand. "That is all". ( I borrowed this phrase from G-Bo, I think. G, if I knew how to link you, I would. I will figure it out soon... ***Ha!! I did it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment